As lawmakers prepare to return to Springfield at the end of the month, Senate Republicans have announced their leadership team for the 101st General Assembly.
Senate Minority Leader Bill Brady announced his leadership team on Jan. 15, appointing eight senators to serve in leadership roles within the Caucus.
- Senator Dave Syverson, Deputy Republican Leader
- Senator Sue Rezin, Assistant Republican Leader
- Senator Chapin Rose, Assistant Republican Leader
- Senator Jason Barickman, Assistant Republican Leader
- Senator Neil Anderson, Assistant Republican Leader
- Senator Dale Righter, Senate Republican Caucus Chair
- Senator Jim Oberweis, Senate Republican Whip
- Senator Jil Tracy, Senate Republican Whip
“I’m privileged to be surrounded by such strong, innovative and vocal leaders in the Senate Republican caucus,” said Leader Brady. “As we transition under a new Administration, it’s encouraging to know that these men and women who have continuously proven themselves in the legislative process will take up further leadership responsibilities and work together to ensure that the Senate Republicans have strong representation in state government.”
Brady was elected as Senate Minority Leader on Jan. 9.